I've had a frustrating past few weeks. But I'm not going to dwell on that. But I do want to vent just a bit, and then move on.
Okay, so Kenneth wrote a letter of apology to Strong Tower and Pastor Williamson read it to the congregation. I am now getting messages from church family saying things like, "Praise God that Kenneth has come back to the Lord!" or "I hear that you and Kenneth are getting back together! So glad!" or "Our prayers have been answered that Kenneth is making things right with you!" Well, I do not know how to respond to any of these since I haven't seen any change in his life and the only apology I've gotten from him was months ago over text messaging. And even then the only apology was that he was sorry that I got hurt from finding out about his affair. Not exactly a glowing heart-felt apology. I am supposed to go the Strong Tower women's conference in a few weeks and I am now NOT looking forward to it as much as I was before. I am thrilled to see my friends but I am so dreading people coming up and saying things like those listed above! And I'm trying to hard to be nice. I haven't said anything back to anyone. It would probably not come across very well if I said, "Huh! Yeah right!" or "Maybe Kenneth should tell me that we're getting back together because I didn't hear that." In truth, Kenneth & Chelsae are back together and are currently "working on their relationship" right now. And things continue to come out about Kenneth that I can't even write about. But it's very frustrating that he has so many innocent people fooled.
Okay - enough. Here is some good news. I was expecting to have to wait until Spring of 2010 to do my student teaching, but found out this past week that I will indeed be student teaching Fall of 2009! That means that I will be finished with school in December, 2009! Praise the Lord! I will be finding out in the next few weeks who I will be student teaching with and what grade. I requested Kindergarten or 1st grade. So here's hoping!
Another bit of good news. In January when the divorce was final, I applied for state health care and food stamps. I figured that while I was in school this was a good time to use these things until I graduate and work full time again. Thankfully, I got approved and have been happily using my food stamp debit card for groceries for the past month and got insurance card for the kids and I. Yesterday I took all three of us to the doctor since we've all been under the weather. Three doctor's appointment and three prescriptions later, we paid absolutely nothing! Praise the Lord!!! What a blessing!
I had something sad and a bit scary happen in class today. The sweet and funny young man who sits next to me in Instructional Methods & Materials had a seizure during class today. He fell out of his chair in my direction and luckily I moved my desk in time before he could hit his head. His seizure lasted a long time and we had to clear all of the desks out of the way. I felt so sorry for him, I was trying not to get teary. Security and first response was called and then an ambulance because 20 minutes later, he was still unconscious. When they left with him, his breathing had stabilized, but he still didn't know what was going on. I hate that people have to deal with that. What if that happened while he was driving? Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure he's allowed to drive. He may have mentioned that before because he's asked for prayer about his seizures before. If you think about him, please say a prayer for Benson. By the way, I was really impressed by the other students in my class. One of the boys prayed over him right away and then we all went into another room to pray together for him. Very sweet kids in my class.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Things Aren't Always What They Seem
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hey Cath-
Sorry about the craziness that is going on with Kenneth yet again. I think you are showing wisdom by not going off on him when you get theses comments from people that have ehard his apology letter. Praying for peace for you during this time. As for The retreat I am looking forward to coming to Nashville and hanging out with you and the ladies. I pray that you feel a peace about going to the retreat and that there are no awkward moments for you.
Love ya
Rachel
Your grace continues to amaze me. It's ok to speak the truth in love. Come on to Tennessee and enjoy your kid-free visit!
I'm so excited about you graduating early!!!!
So thankful that God is taking care of you and the kids. I know He won't stop now.
I was there when the letter was read. It did sound like he had spoken to you and asked your forgiveness, but that was open for interpretation. Also, I never felt ANYTHING led to you two getting back together or even attempting to. But, if nothing else, call Pastor Chris and talk to him about it all. It certainly can't hurt. You know the women here just want to love on you, and, you have "your gang" to surround and protect you. Love you!
In the letter, he did mention our names as people he wanted to apologize to. We sent him a message saying apology accepted, but have yet to actually speak to him. It's a process, pray for him because he has an impact on Josie and Theo. Other than that, you get to move on, be free, and grab ahold of EVERYTHING God has for YOU!!!
Post a Comment