CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Feeling Good Mr. Kotter....!!!

Well folks, it's been a rough few weeks, but I feel like I've finally come to grips with everything (whatever that means) and I'm back to my happy self again!

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for baby Ella! She is doing well and may possibly have been released today from the hospital - maybe it's tomorrow. I'm not sure, but she had an "awakening" on Sunday morning and could suddenly completely breath on her own! 100%! So that's wonderful. I have not had the heart to ask if they know if there was any permanent harm done. So I don't know that. I guess in the future if there are problems, I will find out then. I do pray that there was no lasting damage.

The one thing that's been hard for me, which I'm finally getting over is how Kenneth will text me nearly every day to ask why our divorce is taking so long, and why we can't just be done with it. This has been very painful because I have been very kind and patient and each time I get that text message, I feel like it's just another stab in my back. It's like hearing him say, I don't love you and I can't wait to be done with you. Well - I already know that, so I don't need to keep hearing it over and over. I either don't reply when he does that or just reply with, you need to be talking with your attorney, not me.

Classes are going well. Next week may be different though - I have mid-term exams next week. Not all of the classes are giving actual exams, but I have 2 big exams, and 2 other classes I have big projects due. I'm not very good at retaining information for tests if I start studying too early, so I almost feel that it would be a waste of time to start doing TOO much studying for them yet, although this weekend I will be. I am working on the projects (both due wed) to get them over with. Then I have an exam on Tues night and one on Wed morning. My Tues night class I currently have an a+ in. So I'm hoping to get an a on the exam so I don't mess up that grade!

I am feeling good though! YAY! Although, I have to admit something - I have not had a poison-ivy free day since last May!!! And now I've broken out on my arm again! Go away poison-ivy!!!! I was supposed to go to the doctor on Tuesday this week, but had to reschedule because I had Josie. Hopefully I can make it next Tuesday. I need help!!! ITCHY ITCHY SCRATCHY SCRATCHY!!!!

You know, sometimes a song can make you feel better, in a silly way! I LOVE the song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. - It's on my little music playlist located to the right on the screen. I don't know what it is about that song but every time I hear it, it makes me happy! I think it just makes me think - maybe someday - YEARS from now - maybe I'll be in love again! (not looking for that right now by the way - don't worry).

Well, I love all of you chickadees, I'm sorry that I've been bad at staying in touch. It's all I can do sometimes to write a post! Please forgive me and know that I love all of my dear friends very much! :-)

5 comments:

Emilie said...

I love that song too! It's also on my playlist and makes me very happy. I'm glad you're feeling better. And I'll be up there for Christmas . . . maybe we can grab coffee or something?

Cathy Cooke said...

Oooo - That would be great Emilie!

Dawn said...

He is the biggest ass in history and you will find true love again someday!

Love you gal.

Anonymous said...

Rachel's mom, Claire said...
You're awesome Cathy. I am so glad you are getting on with your life. Our God has great things in store for you and your family. Prayers and blessings to you and your beautiful kids. Love, mom Claire

Anonymous said...

Love you, Cath! You're truly an inspiration to us all! Dawn's right--you will find true love again! Hey, way to go w/ the A+! You rock! You're going to be such a great teacher! I wish Cayden could have you for a teacher someday! :)