Well, after a very long, but nice, Christmas vacation, it is time to go back to school. I start tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. It's always hard to think about starting over with new classes and profs and students. I was pretty comfortable with my classes last semester, but then it was new and nerve-racking in the beginning too, so I'm sure after a few weeks, this semester will feel normal again. The one nice thing that helped me last semester was knowing two of my professors personally. I do know 4 of my professors this semester, but not quite the way I knew these other two. They made me feel so much more comfortable since I had a friendship with them. I'm also a bit nervous about taking Global Perspectives. This is a Gen Ed class that has been added in the last few years so is now a requirement for graduation. Part of the requirement is a cross-cultural experience, and now they are recommending going overseas for a week or two. That's nice and all, but being a single mom with young kids, I just don't see that happening. My mom thinks they will be flexible with me, so we'll just have to pray that that is the case.
Well, I've gotta run, but wanted to write something today to keep updated! Love you all!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Back to School!
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hey Cathy-
Praying for you this semester. Hope your classes go well. You are a smart and friendly gal so I am sure you will do great. Miss you tons.
Hugs and Prayers
Rachel
PS loved the pictures form you photo shoot all three of you are adorable.
You are so brave going back to school. I know I'd be nervous too. But like Rach said - you are smart and very friendly - and I know you'll feel at ease in no time. I'll be praying!
Post a Comment