CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Schoolgirl!

Well, I'm back into the swing of things. Sort of... I've found that I don't feel as motivated as last semester. But no worries - I'm definitely motivated to doing my best. Just not as enthusiastic about it, I guess. Today one of my classes was cancelled, as my professor was ill. It was a nice break, and I probably would have been late to it anyway, so that was a relief! It takes longer than 8 minutes to leave the library and get into my 3rd floor classroom at Mount Memorial. I was a bit panicked about being late, so when I saw a classmate who told me the class was cancelled, I was able to slow down a bit. Phew!

By the way, who ever heard of breaking into small groups for discussion and a short presentation on the first day of class??? My 8:00 am class on Wednesday did this! I didn't really know anyone, but luckily everyone seemed as flustered as I was, and I ended up in a nice group of 5. I felt like the nerdy older student, because I kind of started discussing right away to get the group going.

Okay - here is something I must vent about. There is a lady in one of my classes whom I got to know last semester. She is a few years older than me and really nice, but I think is missing what I like to call "social graces." She's lived on a farm for years and maybe has gotten desensitized to what us "non-farm" people like to hear about. I've heard so many disgusting farm stories, she's lucky I did not vomit on her plaid book bag! So, today we are walking over to the library together. It was nice to have company, although after a few minutes into the conversation, I wished that my company was my ipod. She proceeded to tell me all about how she had gone over to her dad and step mom's to check on their horse who was sick. I will not go much further in the story except to say that I ended up with a (unwanted) description of the horse's autopsy once it had died. Thank the Lord above for fresh, crisp air outside as we walked which kept me from tossing the old cookies! God bless this gal. Apparently she thinks I've got a strong stomach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Cathy Cooke said...

Who in the world is Thankful Paul? I thought only people I knew could get to my blog!

Dawn said...

It's not password protected! Itsn't that funny? It happened to me once when I posted a recipe.

Love the story.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Thankful Paul is a farming friend of the Farm Lady... :) He-he! Funny story, Cath! I love reading your blog! :)

Schneider Family said...

Well, do you believe in miracles? :) Love you, Cathy! Have missed you lately... wish life wasn't this crazy merry-go-round without an off switch sometimes!