CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Sunday Morning!

Well - my little Josie girl was sick last night so she and I are home together this morning while everyone is at church. It's another beautiful day with sunshine! Still cold, but the sun makes everything feel more warm! I am reading an awesome book right now called, "Love & Respect". I wish I had read this years ago and I highly recommend it to anyone. It talks all about how a woman's deepest need is love and a man's deepest need is respect. Sounds logical, but harder to put into practice since women are wired to love and men are wired to respect. So showing this to the opposite gender is more of a challenge. Anyway, a good book. I'm learning a lot.

Josie has successfully emptied the toy box this morning. She is the fastest destroyer of a room that I know. Does anyone remember the older cartoon Superfriends? Theo got a double disc DVD set of this show for Valentine's Day and has been watching it a lot. I like it much better than the newer shows because the newer ones are so dark! So what in the world is up with the Wondertwins? Why do they look like elves? It's a bit strange.

So - what was your favorite cartoon as a child? I think mine was Scooby-Doo. Theo likes Scooby-Doo too, so we've had fun watching it together. We especially like the New Scooby-Doo Movies - "new" being a loose term as they were made in the 70's. They had guests like Sonny & Cher, and Mama Cass, and Don Knotts, and the Harlem Globetrotters. Theo is like - Who are those people? Cute! Oh my gosh - my daughter just asked if she could watch Barney. My kids have never liked Barney. That guy drives me nuts. Actually it's the kids who are on there who really drive me nuts. Okay she just changed her mind and wants to watch Night At The Museum. I like that one. Can you tell I'm a bit bored today?

Well, I'm hoping everyone has a GREAT weekend! Much Love To All!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My favorite cartoons were the Flintstones and The Jetsons. Scooby Doo was just too scary and "boyish" for me. HAHA! Our neighbors love it and Rose tries to like it when she is a there house but she usually gets way to scared by it. She is a bit of a chicken about lots of stuff.
As for Barney I LOVE him. Seriously I think he teaches so many good lessons that I can't help but try to get Rose to watch him, although she has pretty much been over Barney for a long time now. Occasioanly she will watch Barney and come and tell me "Barney teaches me lots of good things, today he taught me about_______." We can agree to disagree about Barney and Scoob and still be friends right:)))

Schneider Family said...

Remember the Wonder Twins? Now's there's a piece of GenX history!

Form of.... an eagle! :)