Well - today was a messy day for me. For very many reasons. Today I got numerous text messages that saddened my soul. How do we as Believers think that we can make decisions that are so against His will for our lives? And yet we all make them. We are truly a fallen race which is why we need God so. If it weren't for His mercy, how could we go on?
Another reason why this was a messy day is because I was taking care of three small children wtih diarhea. Wow. Sorry - I know that is too much information, but let me just tell you - I've had enough poop for one day. I've been babysitting for a family with 3 boys, so including my two I have a 6 year old, a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old to take care of. Let me just tell you that there is no sitting still or break in any way with this crew. They keep me on my toes.
Today, my Bible passage is I Peter 3: 13-17: "And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. 'And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.' But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."
Monday, February 25, 2008
A Messy Day.
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
OH ironic that there was so much crap for you to deal with, in so many forms. Love the verses and the encouragement you are receiving from Christ alone. Sometimes, there is not a soul in this world who can help us, we just have to sit down and have an intimate face to face chat with our Father. Press on friend, you are shining.
Post a Comment