That I love my kids! I have 2 very amazing, wonderful children! And I am just so proud of them! I try to tell them that frequently too. The other day Theo came up to me and said, "Mom, did you always want to have a son who was adventurous?" And I said, "Oh yes, Theo! Adventurous children love life and are curious and have fun! I also always wanted a son who loved God, was kind to others, loved to learn, and had a fun personality and a silly sense of humor, and I got that too! You are all of those things!!!" You should have seen the precious, proud, giddy look on his face. And he gave me a great big bear hug and told me he loved me. Those moments are priceless and, as I also tell him frequently, if I had a choice of all of the little boys in the whole wide world, I would choose him! Before you say anything, I say these things to Josie all of the time too and she soaks it up too! Kids love praise and affirmation and I am saying all of this to encourage you to squeeze your extra-special kid today and tell them how thankful you are to have them as your child! Also I'm writing this so that on the days that are hard and I'm about to pull my hair out I can go back and read this and remind myself why I keep striving every day to do my best and live my amazing single-mom life and enjoy it!
Just had to say too that as I was tucking Theo in tonight and after we prayed and I sang a few songs to him he asked me to get his slippers for him. Sometimes he likes to sleep in them and he said his feet were cold. I went into the other room, got his slippers and then helped him get uncovered and put them on his feet. As I was putting on the second slipper, he (very sleepily) said, "Mom, you do a great job of taking care of me." I think I'm tearing up just typing it. It was just what I needed to hear from him.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Just Had To Say...
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thank God for those moments! I had a rough night with my kids and wasn't very kind to them. Thanks for the reminder to not take a moment for granted. They are precious gifts from God. The best gift of all besides Him.
Love you gal!
Mommas need affirmation too and Theo tells you such sweet things! I need this reminder too. . . .
I love how kids always tell the truth! :)
Post a Comment