Well, I have some new news to share. And it's not good news. Kenneth told me yesterday that his girlfriend is pregnant. I totally feel like I'm talking about what's new on The Young & The Restless, not my life and the life of my family. Honestly I'm not surprised. I've suspected this for some time and knew that even if I was wrong that it would only be a matter of time before it would happen. But still, this is not news I wanted to hear. She is due October 4th. My main concern about this news is how it will effect my children. Theo already knows that people should be married to each other before they have babies so this is going to bring up some icky difficult questions that a 5 year old doesn't need to think about. Also, I'm very concerned that they will feel that Kenneth is replacing them with the baby since he will be spending more time with the baby than with them. So far they have not planned on getting married. We are not even divorced yet!!! So how COULD they get married. I honestly also feel sorry for the baby. That baby did not ask to be brought into such a complicated scenario! Apparently Chelsae (that's Kenneth's girlfriend) is also from an extremely racist family so this baby will be born into an even bigger mess! And if they do get married, will my kids be put in situations where there is racial hostility? This is SO not what I ever would have wanted for my sweet, innocent children. Their dad is a teenager wrapped up in a 40-year old's body. It makes me want to work even harder to provide them with a stable, normal up-bringing. And if they need therapy or counseling to work through all of this as they grow up, I'm all for it. Anything to help them be kind, smart, loving, well-adjusted, God-fearing kids. Please pray for protection for my sweet children, and for strength and wisdom for me. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
God, I just pray your protection for Josie and Theo. Please keep them as innocent as possible about the facts of life until the appropriate time.
God, I want to hate Kenneth and Chelsae, but I'm supposed to pray for my enemies, so please somehow work in their lives to bring them back to you.
Amen.
AHHHHHHH! OK, now that I have that out of the way. Will be praying, and I am with you, I feel sorry for the kid. But, God is always up for pulling off a miracle and doing the amazing with the seemingly impossible.
Love you!
And, Amen to Dawn's prayer!
I will be praying for you, your sweet children and the whole situation. It is hard to see how God can work in this. . . but we know He will.
off subject - but Bill Avila just posted a picture of you, me, Rachel & Bethany on his Facebook. It's from Byer Murder Mystery party and it's hysterical. Or - we looked hysterical. And so young. oh my.
wow. what in the world? i echo all of the prayers listed above my post. your children are precious. they are God's children. He WILL protect them...in Jesus's name. i love the verse :
eph 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Post a Comment