Well, I haven't been blogging every day. At least not that you can see. I have blogged in my head many times, but alas, you are not a mind-reader. So sorry!
Here I am, trying to catch up on things. Last weekend was the kids Christmas program at church. I was truly hoping and praying this would go well. My dream of the perfect child came to a screeching halt when the first kids came in. Theo's Kindergarten class took the stage, with Theo being the 2nd child on stage. Pretty much as soon as he took his place on the stage, he proceeded to attempt to make gaseous noises with his armpit. He looked out into the audience and caught the look of a stern mommy saying, NO, with the evil eye that we moms inherit as soon as our child "comes of age." Soon after, during the singing, Theo makes a strange goofy face at a girl next to him and, losing his focus, falls off the back of the step. At this point, the mommy from the audience looks down with her face in her hands. Then his class exits stage left. Next comes Josie's class. There are not any embarrassing moments, but she is too scared to sing or shake her jingle bell and walks up to the stage with her shoulders raised very high as if to shrink her turtle head in to her body shell. After that Kids Chorale comes out which is the huge kids choir from Kindergarten - 6th grade. Theo is in this too. The Christmas Musical is called, The Mystery of the Manger. Theo is once again right in the front. As the first song begins, suddenly he has come to the realization that if he unzips a zipper on his pants (thank the good Lord, that I'm not talking about his fly), that he can put his hand right through his pocket and wiggle his fingers out the bottom. He is fascinated with this and spends some time checking out his wiggling fingers. Meanwhile, the program is continuing, and the mommy in the audience is looking with wide eyes to see when her little dumpling will pay attention to his surroundings. Throughout the show, Theo yawns, rolls his eyes, and occasionally sings! Boy were those moments of him singing good ones! Actually any time there was a song where there was movement or hand motions, he really got into it! The mommy in the audience was very proud and was told by numerous people, that it's kids like Theo that make the programs worth going to see! The mommy took that as a compliment.
Later, after the stars of the program were snoozing in their beds, the mommy found at that she had her first marriage proposition after the show. Seriously, my mom came home and told me that there was a man who came up to her after the program and asked if I was thinking about getting married again, because he was looking for a wife and thought I'd make a good one.
Now, before you all lose your minds, let me tell you who this man is. His name is Dean Sandy. And some of you out there are already laughing for you know who he is! For those of you who don't, Mr. Sandy is a Mentally Handicapped 60 year old man who drives a moped and works in the cafeteria at Grace College. God bless his soul, I'm afraid I may have to run for it every time I see him from now on!
So that was my very interesting evening last Sunday night! The End!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Christmas Program Woes
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh my word! LOVE this post! Totally cracked me up!!!! If it's any consolation, I hear I was quite the character at our Kindergarten graduation (in that very same auditorium!!) many years ago. :) So a marriage proposal, eh? A moped wedding getaway sounds like fun!! Hee-hee!! Love you, girl!
That is hysterical. Beth and I were laughing reading it at Hobby Lobby! Aw, Mrs. Sandy :) Cathy Sandy....
Oh my - I have tears running down my face at the thought of you on the back of Dean Sandy's mo-ped. God bless him.
wiping my eyes right now. . . oh . how . I . love . this . story. so great.
wow!
i am on the floor laughing right now.
holy cow.
a day in the life of cathy!
love you girl!!!
man, that is HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment