CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dental Woes

It seems like every time I take Theo to the dentist, there is always some bad news! That kid has a beautiful smile but horrible teeth! He has been such a faithful brusher and mouthwasher, so there are no new cavities, but there is an infection that has occurred under one of his caps and has started to spread to his gums. He will be put on antibiotics and next week that tooth that we spent so much money to cap will be pulled out and a spacer put in it's spot. They said that baby teeth often do not take the "fill" that they put under the caps very well and I should be watching his other two caps because it is possible that the same thing will happen to them! Great! He was a very good boy and they said he was so polite and a good listener with everyone. Bummer about his teeth. Unfortunately he comes from 2 sides of families with weak teeth and lots of problems. Ya wanna know what's ironic? The only person in my family with strong decent teeth is my dad, and when he was 18, he was turned down for the Marines, and the FBI (if I remember the story correctly) because they said he had bad teeth and was told that they would probably all fall out by the time he was 30. Guess he fooled them! So next Thursday Theo goes to the pediatric dentist in Ft. Wayne. At least we know them and they are very nice there!

Well, I've got to make Christmas cookies!!! Or cookies of some sort for our MOPS steering committee annual cookie exchange! Yummy!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor Theo! :( He's such a good, patient boy! I hope all goes well with the pediatric dentist next week. Happy cookie making! Love ya!