I'm kind of tired right now, and my mind is a bit mushy, so I'm not going to write much, but I wanted to share that I made some accomplishments last Thursday night! While Kenneth had the kids, I drove in to Ft. Wayne to browse around at two of my favorite stores, Target and Hobby-Lobby. (ew, I just smushed a mosquito on the computer screen) After shopping around for a while I decided I would go out on a limb and brave the unknown! ;-) I ate out and went to a movie all by myself! Some of you who do this or have done this regularly may think it's silly that that was a big deal for me, but it truly was. I'm a very social person, and although I enjoy my alone time, eating out and going to movies are not alone time for me. Alone time means reading a book, doing a project, that sort of thing. So I went to the theater to see what was playing because I was not about to see a romantic or a romantic comedy by myself. That would have been just too depressing for my first jaunt. I was in luck! I had been wanting to see Ben Stien's documentary called "Expelled", and it was playing! I had a quick dinner at IHOP because that didn't seem intimidating and they usually bring the food quickly so that I wouldn't be sitting there with nothing to do for a while. I realized I didn't even have a book with me, so that idea was out the window. Anyway, it wasn't so bad! And the movie was great. I'm so glad I saw it, and highly recommend it. If you don't know, he did an "expose'" on the Science world and how they totally shut down any notion of "Divine Intervention" when it comes to the origin of existence. His point was that in America, shouldn't we have the freedom to at least look into this possibility and write about it or teach it as a possibility? Anyway, you have to see it for yourself. It was very well done and was a good choice for my night out.
I lived through my evening of social aloneness! YAY! I kick butt! Isn't there a quote that says, that which doesn't kill you will only make you stronger? It didn't kill me and it definitely made me feel stronger. I like being with myself. I'm a pretty swell gal! ;-) HA!
Now, my next dilemma is that I really want to go and see the Sex & The City movie when it comes out (judge me if you want to - I like that show - not the nasty parts, but their friendships and funny stories - love it!). My dilemma is that I don't know anyone here in Indiana who would go and see this movie with me! If anyone is out there, let me know! It may just be a bit too depressing for me to see this chick friendship movie by myself! But who knows! Oh well! Nitey-Nite!
Monday, May 12, 2008
An Evening Of Firsts
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 10:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Big high five comin' your way sister! :)
I'm so proud of you!! :) I know it can be intimidating, but good for you!!! Sorry that I can't see Sex and the City with you...if you get desperate, come down to Jax, and I'd be happy to watch it with you! Love you!
I wanna see it with girlfriends too! Take your mom ;)
I'm definitely going to see it - and would see it with you if I was there! You could drive to South Bend and see it with my lil' sister. :-)
I would see it with you if were there.
Post a Comment