I used to think that Joy was a feeling, like happiness. Is Joy a mood? Is Joy something we have only when times are good? I don't think so. I think happiness is what we feel when times are good. I think Joy is what we can choose when times are hard. James 1:2-3 says: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." Joy is a fruit of the spirit; Gal. 5:22 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Are the fruits of the Spirit all easy things to achieve or are they a struggle? Well, I don't know about you, but I would say they are a struggle! They are things that you work on. Goals to achieve. Not a mood or a feeling. Sure, we are all naturally inclined to find one or two of these fruits easier to achieve than others. God gave us all gifts and abilities and we are all different. And, by the way, thank God for diversity! If we all had the same gifts, not only would life be very boring, but then we would never see how other gifts were lived out! So I am choosing Joy!!! Did you hear that? I have been tested in the past few days, but no one can steal my Joy! I will keep choosing it daily!!!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
yes sister! You are amazing.
PS I just noticed your pic is on my couch....and I don't remember taking it!?
Amen, girl! So true about joy. Thanks for the words of encoruagement. :) Love you!
Hi, I just found your blog while browsing around and this is really thought provoking. Good stuff!
Great post...I needed to read this today.
*found you through Michelle* ;)
Post a Comment