Well, here I am again, really late at night and I just spent the last few hours after my kids went to bed cleaning at my rental house. And hooray! I finished! Spic & Span clean! Looks pretty spiffy if I do say so myself! In many ways I am very relieved to say good-bye to this house. It's been sitting there un-lived in for many months, and I have some pretty bad memories from the last 2 months I lived there. But it's also sad for me to say good-bye to it. We did have good memories in it too. The kids loved living there and loved having rooms upstairs! They had a play room and we spent so many hours doing art projects at the kitchen table! Wednesday nights were family pizza nights, Tuesday mornings Kenneth used to bring me pumpkin cheesecake muffins and a carmel macchiato for breakfast, Thursday nights were Grammy nights and Grammy would come over for dinner and after dinner she would read books to the kids and they would play. As I was cleaning the upstairs bathroom I found the remains of a lock of Theo's hair from his last haircut there, and in his room some remains of silly-string from his birthday party. I remembered Fourth of July there and how we walked to hear the symphony down the street and then to get ice cream and then down our street to watch the fireworks on the lake. I remember one night that Kenneth & I were lying in bed, each of us with our laptops playing Text-Twist (an online word game) and laughing and helping each other out and seeing how long we could get the games to continue. I remembered how whenever I couldn't find Josie for a while, she was always up in her closet trying all of her clothes on because she could reach everything in her "Josie-sized" closet. I remembered trick-or-treating on the island and how much fun the kids had and how the wind was so strong off of the lake. It looked really cute in Christmas lights! There were good memories, which makes it that much more sad. I attached some photos in tribute of the house that was our home, if even for a short time.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Great post! Here's to new memories!!
Love you friend.
You're doing so great! Wish I could stop by and hang out...if only Florida weren't so stinkin' far away. Love you!
i know that you will have beautiful new memories to come.
we all love you and are
very proud of you.
Post a Comment