Worms & Cornfields? That's a funny title! Well, that was what my day was about! I woke up this morning to a truly beautiful day outside! The sun was shining and it was warm and breezy! YAY! Looks like we may finally start seeing Spring here in Northern Indiana! Theo was already outside working with Granddad and two guys that he pays to do work around the house. They were cleaning leaves and winter debris from all of the landscaping and flower beds in the backyard! Josie decided that she would join them outside in her jammies and got straight to work digging in the sandbox! After sitting outside and helping weed for a while I took the kids on the Gator into the "back woods" (we have names for different areas of acreage here) to explore the swampy area. After a while of doing that we ended up in the cornfield where we spent a good two hours looking for worms. The cornstalks are dead and can be easily pulled out, so the kids were pulling corn stalks and looking in the loose dirt for worms. According to Theo's count we found, and all took turns holding, 23 worms, and one fuzzy caterpillar. It was really great to be out in the sunshine and fresh air looking for worms! Life goes on, and seeing the kids truly excited by each new worm was so refreshing! I love it when they are having fun together and not fighting. Being outside brings out the best in them. And you know what? I think it brings out the best in me too! The rest of the day was busy, and went by quickly, but I think I enjoyed worm-hunting in the cornfield the best!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Who knew your kids were such great worm hunters? That actually sounds like you all had a blast. And you are right, the sunshine makes EVERYONE better! Love you girl, and see you soon. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cathy,
I didnt know all of this was happening to you. I was in complete shock reading all your postings. I wish you would have called me when you came to fort wayne by yourself. I would have been there with you that night. please keep me posted on what is happening. email me mandjcook94@verizon.net Love you janice
Post a Comment