"No man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With is we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields salt water and fresh." - James 8-12.
The tongue truly is evil and is used for evil. Unfortunately this is something that I think we all struggle with. I'm extra convicted by the part of the passage that says, "Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing." How can we say we love God, and yet speak so unloving to each other? I'm speaking to me here, too! I want my tongue to be used for blessing. Not cursing. What a convicting passage.
I've had a hard day today again and really wanted to come and write some terrible things down, but God pointed out this verse to me instead. Of course, I was initially thinking, "Yes, God! Kenneth HAS been blessing and cursing with his tongue!" - but then I heard His voice say, Cathy, this passage was for you! So I'm just going to say nothing tonight because I can't think of anything nice to say. I think instead I'm just going to get a good night's sleep. Good Night!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Evil Tongues
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That is powerful my friend. Glad you are wise enough to listen when God speaks. Love you!
I'm sure there will be a couple bad days ahead, but we're praying for a hedge of protection for you and the kids. Keep pressing in to HIM!
Post a Comment