CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Life Is Okay!

There is nothing like being outside to lift your spirits. For the second day in a row the kids and I have been outside for at least 2 hours of the day. We've been playing in the sandbox, and playing on the swing set, picking up sticks in the backyard (that sounds kind of funny - but the kids really love to do that, and it helps clean up the yard), and today we went for a ride on the Gator! It was great to get some fresh air, and was so cute today to hear the kids laughing so hard while I was pushing them on the swings. Sometime I'll have to video tape them just so I can share the laughter with everyone! I also wished I had videotaped Josie in particular jumping in puddles. Isn't that the ultimate kid experience? Both kids were wearing boots and old pants, so I didn't care that they ended up getting muddy! They love to be outside, and I totally enjoyed it myself! Tonight I met my friend Carrie for coffee, and we chatted for hours. I always enjoy catching up with her and the time flies by way too quickly! I look forward to our next gathering, Carrie! It was also lovely to come home and the kids were already sound asleep in their little beds. Bedtime has always been a struggle for my kiddos, so anytime that I don't have to be responsible for getting them to bed is a total blessing to me!!! Thanks, Grammy! I must say that the second half of my day was great, since this morning I went to Wal-mart with Josie where she had a total breakdown and freaked out because apparently she wanted me to try on shoes! ??? Anyway, I had to abandon my cart and leave Wal-Mart with her kicking and screaming, because she didn't want to go, but I do believe she learned her lesson, because after she calmed down, she apologized to me without me ever having to make her. She loves to go to Wal-Mart and was very, very sad that we did not stay longer. I was just thankful that God allowed me to keep my cool. Those situations can be VERY frustrating! Thanks, God!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Cath-
Glad you are able to see the sunshine peeking through the clouds. I had never really appreciated spring until last year. Having not had spring in Florida and then moving here in January I was in such need of warmth and new life I was amazed by the beautiful flowers and budding trees. What made spring so special to me last year was the fact that I had endured a long dreary winter and the flowers and sunshine were promising warmth and new life. Sure we had flowers and sunshine in Fl everyday and a good part of the year in Nashville also, but it didn't have the same impact as it did against the dark dreary cold winter that I had experienced. Praying that as spring blooms in Indiana you will continually be reminded of God's faithfulness and goodness. Trusting God that when the joy and sunshine returns to your life you will be able to appreciate it that much more for having endured this dark sad period in your life. It may still seem like winter in your heart but I know that God has a wonderful future planned for you and your children. Praying that you have peace until your spring comes.
Love ya
Rachel