CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

On To The Stomach Flu...

Okay, apparently we hadn't covered all of the flu this week, so this morning I woke up to Theo coming into my room at 2:45 and telling me he'd thrown up in his bed. Thank the Lord for waterproof mattress covers! I stripped his bed and threw it in the wash, and washed him up, and then he wanted to sleep with Granddad. So I did not sleep well for the rest of the night because I was just waiting for him to throw up in Granddad's bed. Finally, I got up at 7:30 or so and Theo was up and watching cartoons. I brought him a "bucket" in case he needed to throw up, which he promptly used. So since then, he's been throwing up all day! The poor baby! I feel so sorry for him, and he's just such a trooper. He handles being sick much better than I ever did. I think I cried every time I threw up when I was young, but he hasn't cried once! Luckily, Josie has seemed fine today - she did sleep in until 10:00 am! That was unusual! Unfortunately, Theo had a big day planned today, including swim lessons and a very exciting birthday party for his friend Wesley. He handled not being able to go very well. I'm so proud of him. I know he's disappointed, but he's handling it so well. I, unfortunately, also woke up with some sort of stomach bug, but feel better now than I did this morning. My poor dad has made so many trips to the grocery store over the last week to get supplies for us! Today he was sent out for saltines, 7up, and coke. I had a chance last night to meet my friend Amy at Ruby Tuesday for supper! YAY! We had such a good time together and it was great to catch up with her. She is getting ready to go to Ethiopia next Saturday to pick up their second child that they are adopting from there. Helina (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly) will be 5 in May, and she sounds adorable! My mom comes back from England tomorrow night and I'm praying that I will be able to clean the house all spic and span before she gets back! I had planned to clean today, but that is just not happening!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

No really, enough with being sick! No more I say, no more!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry Theo was sick and that you didn't feel well, either! I'm jealous that you and Amy can hang out. Miss you guys!

Love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I hope Theo is feels better soon! I think of you and the Warsaw Gang on a regular basis. I am so lucky to have friends like you, Amy and Jen!

Anonymous said...

The comment above is from MA. I am new to responding to blogs. : )