CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Night To Myself

Well, Kenneth has the kids tonight. Actually he picked them up at around lunchtime, but I still had to babysit until 3:15. But after that, I was a free woman! I really didn't know what to do with so much time to myself, so I drove to Ft. Wayne and did some shopping. I think the shop I miss going to in TN the most is Target, so I was happy to spend at least an hour browsing around at Target tonight! It was great to go and not hear begging the entire time to go to the toy aisles! I must admit though, that I'm not used to so much quiet time. It was great, but the drive there and back at times got a bit too quiet, and I was left with my thoughts. I prayed a bit to get my head cleared because being left alone with my thoughts can be a scary thing for me right now. Then there are the songs on the radio. At one point, I realized the song was, "Now that you're gone, all that's left is a band of gold. All that's left of the dream I hold, is a band of gold" - Now that one actually made me laugh for some reason. But then there were some depressing ones too. I usually only listen to the Christian stations in the car, but apparently my favorite one is not based out of Ft. Wayne, because the closer I got to Ft. Wayne, the worse my station got! Anyway, not exactly a good night for hearing depressing songs. But I did really enjoy myself! After I got back into town I did some grocery shopping, where I bought myself a magazine! (You'd be proud of me, Bethany!) So after I pick up all of the toys in the house, I'm going to curl up with my magazine and relax! Au Revoire! (did I spell that correctly?)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad you had the time, and it's good to adjust to the quiet and deal with what is happening, as icky as it is. Did you know a Target is opening right down the road from us...on SUNDAY?!?! I'm so happy. But that's not the point here. Hope you are enjoying the time to focus solely on yourself. Love you!

Dawn said...

You so deserve this time alone. I'm glad you're doing something for yourself. Enjoy your mag :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath! I'm glad you had some well deserved time to yourself. Good for you for getting a magazine! My guilty pleasures are People and US Weekly.... :) Love you!

Jen