Hello! We had MOPS this morning. YAY! For those of you who don't know, MOPS stands for Mother of Preschoolers, and is a lifesaver! We go two Tuesdays a month and there is childcare where our children are loved and cared for, and yummy breakfast, and great fellowship and we always learn something new about raising kids or taking care of our homes. Today our Pastor and his wife spoke about the Love & Respect book that I mentioned in another blog. It was a really good session, and I learned even more about how deeply women need love and men need respect. I'm a discussion group leader at our MOPS and I love it! I feel so blessed that I was asked to take on this responsibility, although I feel like I could definitely be doing more in my role. I love the ladies in my group. They are so kind and friendly and I have loved getting to know them. They are truly ladies I would not know if it wasn't for this great opportunity. Today I ate way too much of the yummy breakfast. Breakfast foods are my favorite foods to eat and to make! Our group was in charge of the food today and I tried my friend Katie's yummy recipes for a Cheese Danish Casserole. It was very easy to make and was so delicious!!! This may be my new favorite breakfast casserole.
For those of you who don't know, I have been babysitting for the last month for 3 boys, and today was my last day! YAY!!! It went fine, but I'm sure happy to be getting back into a normal routine with my 2 kiddos and have more freedom to run errands and see friends during the week! Playdate, anyone?
Please be in prayer for me for Friday morning. Kenneth & I have our first court date at 9:00 am. It is a mediation, which in my uneducated legal knowledge basically means that we will be sitting down with our lawyers (mine is a shark, by the way) and coming to an agreement on child support, child visitation, and who pays for what debt, that sort of thing. Anyway, I'm getting nervous thinking about it. Please pray that this week goes quickly so that I can just get it over with!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
A Morning at MOPS
Posted by Cathy Cooke at 6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Glad you had such a good morning, then had those 3 boys to help you work off the breakfast food! HA!
I was going to ask about the court stuff, so thank you for bringing that up. Will be praying, and will be praying for supernatural peace for EVERYONE involved! Love you.
You can count on me praying on Friday morning. I love you Cathy.
I'll be praying for you! Wish we didn't live so far apart. Would love to have a play date! :) The MOPS breakfast sounds so yummy! Love reading your blog...keep it coming!
Love you, Jen
I will be praying also! And I would love to have a playdate if I only lived closer. :-( I think the next time we'll be up there is for Christmas. So maybe I can see you then! :-)
Post a Comment